Persist Persist

Interesting game! I almost stopped playing because it seemed just like a general platformer with not real unique features until I lost my legs. I enjoyed the "de-evolution" idea that seemed to be at play here, but I wish you had done a bit more with it tbh (a few more stages of devolution or have something more impactful happen when you lose your arms etc etc.)

Notes:
- No resume game system, not a big deal but :(
- Graphics are quite nice
- Controls feel a bit "sticky" on occasion oddly (during stopping and starting)

Reviewed with Chrome on Windows

AdventureIslands responds:

More lost limbs would have definitely had more impact, but it was already tough enough to get the game done with the 48 hour time limit.

Originally the character was supposed to be able to shoot beams and he would lose that ability first, but I had to cut that out.

SkullFace SkullFace

Wow, this game is very well implemented!

Platforming and everything feels great, TONS of different ideas all implemented quite well. You definitely hit that "flow" that meat boy gets (this is a huge compliment by the way).

A few minor gripes, really just annoyances:
1. The game cursor never hides itself, you have to manually move it to the corner, change this
2. You don't "release" from walls fast enough after you stop pressing in their direction, this leads
to frustration occasionally.

Overall loved it, an achievement among flash platformers to say the least (I'd love it a bit more if you fixed those issues :).

April & Booster April & Booster

Sweet

I initially played this game a bunch on FGL, liked it a lot then, been waiting for it to show up here. I really like the whole concept of firing your enemies back at them, but the best part of the game was the atmosphere I think, especially the final level.

I read a couple other reviews saying that the last boss was to hard :S, not true I actually found him quite easy tbh. Either way, had a great time with this game (9 cuz I wish it was longer lol).

ps: the purple explosions that happen when you kill the final boss are epic

I-smel responds:

I think people are sayin it's hard cos they're having glitches all over the place.

Splash Painter 2.00 Splash Painter 2.00

Interesting

The brus is kinda crazy and btw is the starting language supposed to be french? I played it and the whole thing was in french luckely I can speak semi fluent french so it wasnt TOO bad but the whole time i was thikning "this is an english website why would they make it in french" but then I noticed the english change button :D
But besides that I thought it was pretty good.

SubmitFlash responds:

Thanks! Im glad you feel that way about it [ :

Transmigration Transmigration

Nice animation

Although like many have said this "game" is much more like an interactive movie. That being said it is for sure the one of the best interactive movies out there. All the anitmations were amazing and your selection of music was great ( I love that song). Although this is not really a game I still enjoyed it much more than some other game submissions whish is why i gave it

FPA: World 2 demo FPA: World 2 demo

And I thought it was dead

Personally i had givin up on ever seeing another fancy pants adventure but i guess i was wrong :)

The game looks like its coming along great and i really like the sliding feature although it seems to have renderd rolling useless.
The controls were great and the gameplay was fun but its obviouse that this is a demo becuse of the obvoiuse unfinished arework (all the upside down traingles :S ) but it is very good for a demo and hope to see this game comin out soon

Toast: Game Toast: Game

Improvment needed

Ok so i think the overall idea of this game was funny and original but unfortunatly the gameplay was not up to spec. The graphics were kind of funny but there were very few animations fr the taost guy and the little toasters seemed way out of porportion. The sound, well the music anoyed me....alot BUT the sound when you hit the bottom of the blocks was excelent and most of the sound affects were fairly good. The gameplay.....well unfortunatly when you jump you go up/down waaay to fast and the controls just feel jerky.
Overall i think this couldv been somthing fun but unfortuantly the gameplay was what really killed it for me (i.e. the jumping)

-ps why is it that when you fall of a cliff you turn into burnt toast ? :P lol

Hacker12 responds:

Lol its a fire pi lol. But yeah thanks for the input ^^. But come on cut me some slack its my first attempt at a platformer.

A Parting Shot II A Parting Shot II

Good but....

It was fun and easy to learn but i found that the gameplay was kind of over simplified. The graphics were, well bland not to mention the walk cycles were fugly. I really liked the sound though thought it was well done (lol the opening music is from a neopets flash game which i love).
Although i belive that this game has good gameplay it could have been much better. First off i hate how slow the stupid guy moves his bow it makes me mad lol. Also i think ducking would have been a welcome addition.

Bubble Tanks Bubble Tanks

Interesting and very fun

This game is by far one of the simpelest games I have played but also one of the most fun. Although there is little more to do then destroy other bubbles somhow it is very fun in this game.
The graphical style was spot on there is very little that could be inproved there
The sound was normally good unless you were picking up alot of bubbles at once, if you do all the sound sortof piles ontop of eachother and.....sounds bad
There were no glitches that i saw at all
Overall I think this game is great although I wouldv loved for a bit more depth but not much more just maybe a few more stages of ship upgrading and maybe a few bigger enemies wouldv been nice but fun overall :)